"You don't know what you don't know until you know it"
My peers used to get annoyed but I loved the truth that was in it! As you might have guessed, this was my experience when Filming for the Film festival. We had been prepped in every way possible by Dorothy, but I still had no idea what I was in for!
I had the storyboard all mapped out, the props, the timetable of shooting, the sounds I would use...
What I hadn't anticipated was...
- The ability levels of my actors
- The haircuts they would get (we filmed over a number of days)
- The different shirts they would wear (short polos and then a long sleeve)
- The weather!
- The technology breaking down (microphones not working)
- Learners being away
- The giggles throughout filming!
- The wind
- Finding time to re-shoot scenes when they don't work out the first time (or second or third time)